Aromatherapy comes from the use of essential oils extracted from leaves, roots, flowers and branches, which can be used in healing and relaxation therapies, but also apply to the production of aromatic candles. When the candles burn, they easily propagate the aroma of the essential oils, creating an atmosphere that inspires peace and tranquility.
When it comes to candles, some experts say that not only their aromas are important for our well-being, but also candle colors. The blue and violet tones, for example, serve to calm and invite rest and meditation. Some candles are made from a combination of essential oils and coloring to add benefits for further healing.
Some candles are manufactured with the essence of oils, which unfortunately does not provide the same effect. When using real essential oils on candles we can actually get the same benefit as we would if had used an oil diffuser. The better the quality of oils used the more effective the scent would be from the relaxing candles.
Aromatherapy candles and its healing relaxing effects
The use of candles for healing is not a new concept. You can use these magical objects to treat physical and spiritual illnesses as well as raise the level of good energies of your home or office. However, knowing the action of each of the candles you use is even more important than just knowing that you can use them for prayers, meditation, and other rituals.
In other words, if you want to get rid of a sense of anguish, for example, you know you can use candles to reverse the picture, but you need to know which color or scent is most appropriate for that particular treatment.
Candles can offer the best of both worlds. A healing fragrance from essential oils and the colors, however many other practices can also benefit from using aromatherapy as a mean of raising vibrations, meditating and achieving a higher state of being. In our opinion using candles or using only essential oils, either inhaling or diffusing, can bring huge benefits to overcome physical and emotional impediment.
The best thing to do is to light up the candle in the morning and one at night, if the objective is relaxation and tranquility. It should be left in an enclosed place for about an hour, so that the aroma can be felt and achieve the desired effects.
Here are some candle fragrances and their effects in the body:
- Cinnamon: Attracts customers, eliminates nervous fatigue. It is aphrodisiac and mental stimulant.
- Coco: Reduces the negative climate. Attracts good friends and lighten the environment.
- Lavender: Relaxing, eliminates anxiety and stress, helps to dispel tired minds. Widely used in exam preparation.
- Jasmine: Antidepressant, relaxing and sedative. Eliminates unpleasant odors.
- Watermelon: Reduces negative mood.
- Apple: Relieves migraine.
- Gardenia: Generates well-being and strength to get out of a problem.
- Vanilla: It is flavoring, sweetener, antidepressant and soothing. Its sensual fragrance attracts both men and women.
- Lemon / Citrus: Prevents depression, anxiety and dizziness.
- Eucalyptus: Disinfects the environment and promotes concentration.
- Rose: Relieves depression and helps fight insomnia, headaches, sadness and general stress. Connects the Human to the Divine essence.
- Geranium: Provides a balance between body, mind and emotions. Relieves anxiety, depression and mood swings.
- Orange: Antispasmodic, sedative, astringent, antiseptic and depurative.
- Thyme: Sharpens memory, intelligence and concentration. Recommended in cases of mental exhaustion, stress or over exertion.
- Cedar: Inspires mood and optimism. It provides an excellent connection between the physical and the spiritual, helping to clear the mind and lead the person to have common sense. It calms aggressiveness.
Until recently, candles were considered merely as ornaments to place in your home, to give a harmonious touch to your decoration, or to achieve a romantic atmosphere at a dinner with your partner. However, today they have become more than an object to decorate a house; they can really benefit your health.
The relation between the essential oils and the handmade candles is that during their manufacture essential oil is used, which gives them this characteristic scent of aromatic candle. When you light the candle, the essential oils are burned by the heat, and that is when the fragrance is felt.
One of the most popular fragrances for candles is the rose essential oil. You can light homemade candles at home with this scent and you will notice how your home will start to be an environment of happiness and harmony!